Death by jelly: You can run, but you can't hide
I'm not sure what worries more, that it was determined that the Welch's grape jelly may have had mold in it, or that BJ's knew I bought some and was able to track me down to tell me in a letter.
Nobody died or got sick, that I know of, but the jelly didn't live up to Welch's high standards, so the letter said.
But I just figure that the amount of all of this information that is constantly being taken on us from stores and Web sites and credit cards is so colossal in size that there is no way that anyone can sift through it to find me.
Then I got the letter that was so pointed and accurate, I half expected it to say that the two-pack of jelly I bought, one of which is in the right-hand cabinet above the counter and the other one you've already opened and is on the top shelf of your refrigerator, can be returned for a full refund.
It's too late to run or hide in this world. I pretty much discovered that a long time ago. And I guess I should be glad that I could be warned about a potential health hazard (death by jelly!) Still, there's a part of me that won't ever be comfortable with all this.