Monday, July 18, 2011

Danger: Things in mirror may be closer than they seem...

This just landed on the screen behind my head. It's crawling around now and but it's not making any noise at all after it's initial landing.

This thing reminds me of my pickup truck. I love my pickup truck--a 1997 Ford F-150 long bed with a Super Cab and a gas-guzzling V8 with over 180,000 miles on it. (The politically correct crowd can now be excused from the rest of this post.)

I call it my white-trash pickup. No one, and I mean no one messes with me on the road. It's old and dented (though girlfriends and ex-wives have put in the really big dents) and it basically says, I really don't give a fuck about your brand spanking new BMW or your SUV that is too big for you to drive. When I want to change lanes, I put on my blinker, and if people don't get out of my way, if they don't have the courtesy to let me in, or are too self-absorbed to notice or care there are other drivers on the road, I just start to ease over, and you'd be amazed how people get out of your way.

I got a sneaky suspicion that's the way it is for this critter. I don't think too many things mess with this guy.

No comments:

Web Analytics