Monday, April 29, 2013

Blue Eyes

Gram Parsons. Uncle Tupelo.

This is how I feel the majority of the time. The world, most of the time, is just too complicated. Too noisy. Too hard to figure out.

Sometimes, all I want to do is ditch everything except Sue, Vida, and that old pickup that's just about on its last legs. I wish we had a cabin somewhere and a long, tree-shaded dirt lane that led up to it. A garden out back. A big old barn. A few animals. Definitely a dog, or two. Aussies. And chickens. Maybe a couple of goats. A horse for Sue.

Gram Parsons wrote it. Uncle Tupelo sang it later. Because they realized what a great song it is.






Blue Eyes by Uncle Tupelo
INTRO:
G

VERSE 1:
G                                                    D
Sometimes I get upset when people treat me bad
C                                                      G
I don't have time to think and so I get real mad
        C
And I pull my hair and find somewhere where I can be alone
D                                                                                         G
And when I do I think of you and head myself back home


CHORUS:
C                                        D   G
Where I got chores to keep me busy, a clock to keep my time
C                                          G                                                     D
A pretty girl to love me, with the same last name as mine
C                                                                                           G
When the flowers wilt, a big old quilt to keep us warm
D                                                                                                                                    
I got the sun to see your blue eyes, and tonight you're in my
G
arms


VERSE 2:
G                                                D
Sometimes I get unwound when fancy cars drive past
C                                                G
Money don't get me down, I can't make it last
                                                                                         C
And I bite my nails and if that fails I go get myself stoned
D                                                                                         G
And when I do I think of you and head myself back home

CHORUS

HARMONICA SOLO:
| G | G | D | D |

| D | C | C | G |

REPEAT VERSE 2

CHORUS

END:
G C D G


No comments:

Web Analytics