Friday, June 20, 2008

Today's Libra


From my horoscope on Facebook today, which as I've pointed out time and time again, doesn't mean squat...it's just a quick way to get something rattling around in my head.

Perhaps it's time to consider putting into effect the methods that you'd rather not use. You need some time alone but do not become too introverted. It is still necessary for you to interact with the outside world. Approach a long time project with a new angle if you want to get it done right.

Yes, I do need time alone, or rather, I need to get away. Just the other day I stood in the shower and realized after a couple of months it was great to stand there in the morning and not rehearse monologues. (Now all I have to do is memorize lines!)

But life is wearing on me. I haven't been away since last September when we went to Utah for a week, and that was the first time I got away in a couple of years. You don't notice it affecting you until you get away, but right now, nothing more than a spot next to the ocean with a chair and a book and a beer for a couple of weeks would be just grand. Just grand.

But I would never, never resort to methods "I'd rather not use." What are we talking about here?--invading Iraq?

We all end up on the same place, ultimately. What makes all the difference in the world is how we get there. And I intend to hold my ground and be that person I want to be. I don't always succeed. I guess truth be told most days I don't succeed. But I'm not going to do something just because everyone else is doing it.

No comments:

Web Analytics