Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Hurt You Can't See

Where is the hurt?
Why can’t I see it?
Something that hurts that bad
You think I could see it.

Where is the hurt?
I’m asking you again
I can’t see anything at all
Except in your eyes there's pain.

Who did this to you?
Was it someone you knew?
Whoever did this to you
Sure knew what the hell she was doing.

‘Cause she didn’t leave a mark
Not a drop of blood was spilled
But from the look of you, my brother
She went in for the kill.

Just like a color-blind man can’t see red
Doesn’t mean that red doesn’t exist
And just because I can’t see where you hurt
Doesn’t mean that the hurt doesn’t exist.

Just like a robber robs
Or a killer goes on a spree
This woman is born
To hurt the places we can’t see.

If I broke and battered you
If I made you bleed
I’d be punished for my crime
I’d be punished for my deed.

You know who you are
You know you run free
You couldn’t care less
About the hurt you can’t see.

But someday I hope
There’ll come a day
When a color-blind man sees red
And people like you are made to pay.

No comments:

Web Analytics