Friday, June 29, 2007

Jack's Drum Shop/new music teacher

Killing time yesterday and walked up Bolyston toward Mass. Ave. thinking I'll check out some of the music stores. Knew about Jack's Drum Shop from the store in Hyannis, so I stopped in.

Obviously, from the the name they don't have a lot of guitars. There was a Jasmine, exactly like Sue bought in Hyannis, and another low-end guitar. A few more in the window. That was it.

Got to talking to I guess it was the manager. He's kind of gruff and easy-going at the same time. Heard him say something about lessons to someone else and I asked about them. It's hard to replicate the conversation, because it was peppered with verbal jabs and feints, but the upshot was that he said the teacher was a Berklee grad and would be coming in soon, so I could talk to her if she had some extra time. I sat on a speaker and strummed and waited, and in a while a woman came in who I had noticed before sitting in a corner of the store. We talked, and I had a good feel for the whole thing, and signed up four lessons, borrowed one of their guitars and had my first lesson last night.

Music is a passion. I get up in the morning and after turning on the computer and getting a cup of coffee, I then put on some music. I'm listening to music as I type this. (Nanci Griffith, Country Gold) I got this from my father, who listened to everything...well, except rock. There's so much to learn, and I don't find it daunting at all...as a matter of fact it excites me to know that there's so much to learn.

No comments:

Web Analytics