Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Post show blues

Nope, not me. I've learned that there's an emotional drop-off after working on a theater production and to expect it. But more and more theater is just a part of my life, it's more on keel, and after a show is over I'm happy to get on with the rest of my life. Have dinner with my daughters like I did last night--take-out Chinese and the Chili Peppers on the CD player--or play guitar.

But some shows just won't go away, particularly if you're a set designer. For how many weeks was I wrestling (literally) with platforms in the dark in the barn. So what did I do last night? Around ten o'clock, screw gun in hand, I dismantled the platforms. Another theater company wants to use them now, so I'll be loading them onto my truck and lugging them one more time.

No comments:

Web Analytics