Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Today's MBTA Framingham fiasco

Well, the 8:00 local never showed up. At some point a trained pulled into the platform from the east and we--all of us lemmings--just sat there for awhile. Then another train pulled in from the west. The conductor said that that train was an express and would leave before the train I was sitting on would leave. I, and the rest of the mob, hustled up and over bridge that goes over the tracks to the other side of the station. I was behind some fat guy lugging a backpack and I was so glad we weren't trying to escape some crisis 'cause the bastard would have died right there and taken a bunch of us with him.

We all clamored aboard the train and, you guessed it, it just sat there while the other train high-tailed it out of there and we limped into South Station around 9:45.

Couldn't have happened on a better day. I had a ton of rush jobs waiting for me at the office, and my manager from Detroit was in town. Thanks MBTA. You're the best.

No comments:

Web Analytics