Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The money changers

Last week we had at work something they called a re-stack. They shuffled around, oh 900-odd people, moving us all onto different floors and different spaces (read cubes.)

I moved into my new space on Monday, pulled open the desk drawer and (surprise, surprise!) found a load of pennies, which I'm sure a lot of people also did.

Over the course of my career I've moved into a lot of new spaces, and more times than naught I've inherited the previous owner's collection of pennies. To which I added until I moved on.

But I'm not going to do that this time. Today I brought a little ziplock bag and I've already put the pennies in it and I'm going to give them to the first street person I see when I leave today.

Weird, I know, and there's a really good chance I'll have some homeless person thinking, "Well, there goes someone crazier than me." But if every one of the 900-odd people in this agency did that, some people would either be eating or drinking just a little better tonight.

No comments:

Web Analytics