Thursday, June 7, 2007

MBTA commuter story: Riverside D line

Sitting on the train way in the back car this morning reading, minding my own business when some guy starts to sit next to me. Rather, he puts his laptop case down on the seat next to me then walks to the front of the car.

What the...?

He's dressed in a blue suit, looking like a Mormon or a Jehovah Witness, or something like that.

He can't be from around here, I'm thinking. You just don't dump something like that and just walk away. Post 9/11 and all that. Who can be that dumb?

Well, I got my answer. Yep, he could be that dumb. He was a lawyer. Weld and Todd, LLP.

When he came back I just looked at him. He looked back, either clueless or arrogant, it could have been both with him being a lawyer and all.

But I got news for you, tweaker. The next time you do that, your freakin' laptop is going out the door at the next stop. And there's not a jury in the nation that would find me guilty, either.

You just don't do that, and you should know better.

Or maybe I should have said, "Excuse me..." then gone on to explain. Do you think that would have worked?

No comments:

Web Analytics