Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Live Nation should sell tickets more fairly

The business of buying and selling concert tickets just keeps getting more annoying. I bought tix for Thursday night's Lucinda Williams’ concert a couple of weeks ago. I used the link from the Bank of America Pavilion to Live Nation to Ticketmaster, chose “best available” and got what I considered pretty good tickets in Section Three considering I didn’t buy them when they first went on sale. Today, just for grins, I looked for tickets following the same link, and for the same price was offered fifth row seats in the center section. And of course the tickets I first bought can’t be refunded. Hey, I got decent seats. I shouldn’t complain, right? But what’s wrong with this picture? Just goes against an American’s ingrained sense of fairness, that’s all. I guess "best available" isn't available for all of us.

No comments:

Web Analytics