Monday, November 26, 2007

The Boston Blues

Blue dog on my floorboard, redhead by my side
Cross the mighty Hudson river to the New York City side
Redhead by my side, boys sweetest thing I’ve found
Goodbye guitar town


Today's lyrics are once again from Tennessee Blues by Steve Earle.

Redhead by my side is the sweetest thing I've found. We were looking for apartments again this weekend, and we always end up wondering just where we belong. Sue has lived all over the world, and for everyone who thinks Boston is just the greatest, well, it just isn't. It is a podunk little town. Me? I've lived here long enough, and I don't know if I've outgrown it, have pretty much done all there is to do here, or just got damn tired of the place, but I'm ready to get out of here. I was IMing with C today, and said when I play and sing Angel from Montgomery it sounds like the transmission falling out of a junkyard car, and I don't think there's anywhere in Boston that's up to hearing something like that. I guess I've been doing some pretty hard living, and it just comes out.

No comments:

Web Analytics