Thursday, April 3, 2008

Birds of a feather



Sometimes I swear people are put into our lives for a reason, though I actually hate typing those words...I don't believe there's an angel behind every bush or that every little moment and detail of life has reason and purpose (I think all and all the universe is pretty random), and although I think the universe is way more connected and complex than we can ever imagine, I don't necessarily believe in fate...I think it's a matter more of like people have a tendency to be in the same actual geographical spot and from our individual pov we see it as something bigger and grander than it is...kind of like God or Plato's Cave.

...Though I do tell the story of a point in my life when I was so emotionally wracked I suddenly noticed I had two key people in my life with serious physical disabilities, and I realized that the way they were--one in a wheelchair, one a multiple amputee--was exactly the way I was on the inside, and that they figured out how to get along in the physical world handicapped (I'm sorry folks, that's probably the un-pc way of saying it, but there it is; physically challenged, is that better?) and I would have to do the same thing in the emotional world..btw, Dick Hoyt and his son weren't in my life; I just think he and his son are awesome individuals...

...but all this is starting to pay dividends in my acting, I'll tell you that...or just in life, because despite my disclaimer above, it ALL is connected...

anyway...people in my life....

I suddenly find myself with a lot of creative people who have had a few setbacks...or people who started late...a beautiful woman who is looking for her inner voice and pretty much has found it as an actress...an older man, early retired because he was successful in business, but feels like a failure but gives off warmth like the sun...people so excited and driven with expressing themselves...an older man who was at the top of his game, dropped out, maybe made a few "stupid" choices in his life, but what's that mean?--only that he has regrets, maybe...but he's not bitter and is still so damn interesting and smart and sharp that he is a delight to be around...

there does seem to be a time and a season for everything (it's in the bible; you can look it up) and sometimes I think if we just stop trying so hard that things tend to fall in place...I think more important than going out and looking for things, you have to let them come to you, and more important is knowing what you want when it comes along so you know to grab it....

No comments:

Web Analytics