Friday, June 27, 2008

After the Gold Rush


I'm reading Hotel California right now, the history of all that that went down in Laurel Canyon back in the late sixties and early seventies...kind of a rambling read...

But as I read it, I have more and more respect for Neil Young...there was so much talent there, but so much meanness and just hurtful behavior...he had the good sense to get the hell out and hole up in Topanga, which is also a fantastic name for a guitar.

And also, you can see how the music industry got to be what it is today, and why people are rebelling against it and doing their own thing.

Anyway, here's Neil doing one of the greatest songs of that time period, and one of my all-time favorites.

Thank you, boys (said in my best, Lawrence Welk, Svedish voice)...

No comments:

Web Analytics