Thursday, June 19, 2008

Layla

What is it about rock musicians that they make their best music when they're on drugs or all fucked up in some other way? I go to Clapton's defense every so often. "Cool people" insist he's not so great, but when you asked them why they say that they can't answer. You get answers like, he just isn't. Which basically tells me someone told them that.

Anyway, I'm not deaf. Like so many others, he had a couple of great moments and that's it. And this was one of them. Of course, it doesn't hurt to be in love with your best friend's wife at the time...




What'll you do when you get lonely
And nobody's waiting by your side?
You've been running and hiding much too long.
You know it's just your foolish pride.

Layla, you've got me on my knees.
Layla, I'm begging, darling please.
Layla, darling won't you ease my worried mind.

I tried to give you consolation
When your old man had let you down.
Like a fool, I fell in love with you,
Turned my whole world upside down.

Chorus

Let's make the best of the situation
Before I finally go insane.
Please don't say we'll never find a way
And tell me all my love's in vain.

Chorus

Chorus

No comments:

Web Analytics