Thursday, June 19, 2008

Today's Libra

My horoscope today on Facebook...

Again, this is the horoscope for the six jillion Libras on Facebook, so yeah, this is so me...it's more a departure point for me to blather on on this blog...

John, Keep your intentions out in the open where everyone else can get a good look at them. Where you once merely reacted, you are now in a position of control. Do not compromise and you will win the respect of others. Have faith that you have done the right thing in the past.

If I've learned anything in the past few years, is just keep focused on my own values and wishes. It's my life, and I can do whatever I want. I don't have to explain what I'm doing or how I feel, which is something I used to do all the time, trying to get my friends and people around me to understand me. It was so important to me that I was understood and liked. (Well, I am a Libra; we do like to be liked.) But that's all changed now. If you don't like me, well, get in line, because there are a helluva lot of people in front of you. I think that happens after you've lived a certain amount of years. You can't please everyone all the time, and after a while it just gets darn tiring.

And just throw everything out there for all to see. People are going to judge and criticize anyway, there's no changing that so don't hide it. I can't change how someone feels about me or what they think of me. You can for the short-term, but for the most part people are who they are and are going to judge and think and feel based on their own experience, and nothing you can do or say can change any of that.

And I do have faith in what I've done in the past. I've never wavered from that. I don't live my life frivolously, and I've never concertedly done something that I thought was wrong. I'm not like that. Not like that at all. You can thank the nuns for that one. They taught us (taught us?--hell they beat it into our heads) that you can even break one of the Commandments if you think, deep in your heart, that it's the right thing to do. Baxter told me there's even a name for that. He would know. Of course, I've forgotten what that word is.

No comments:

Web Analytics