Monday, February 19, 2007

Feeding my habit

It is really dangerous for me to work so close to a Borders, or any bookstore/music store, for that matter.

Went out looking of scripts for my acting class and came back to work with two CDs: Songlines by The Derek Trucks Band, and In Session: Albert King and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

If you haven't picked it up by now, I'm a pretty big fan of that mix of Southern and blues.

Derek Trucks is featured in the current issue of Rolling Stone as one of the top 20 guitarists. He's on the cover with John Mayer and John Frusciante, of the Chili Peppers, another big favorite of mine. He's the nephew of Butch Trucks, the drummer in the Allman Brothers, and married to guitarist Susan Tedeschi, another favorite. (Of RS top 20, there's only one woman, Kaki King.)

And just when I thought I had everything by SRV that I wanted, I was starin' ahead listening to Trucks' CD and saw the SRV CD in the rack under gospel. I didn't even have to listen to it first. I know I'm going to like it.

Hey, I'm not spending my rent money on crack cocaine, although the addiction factor is a bit scary.

No comments:

Web Analytics