Wednesday, February 7, 2007

The Low Anthem

A few weeks ago I was in All Asia on Mass. Avenue in Cambridge to see my buddy, Jason's, band Bean. Bean played its usual fun set, and just when I was leaving another band was just starting to play. Three guys with a whole bunch of instruments including one guy playing the standup base. What the…? The band was The Low Anthem, out of Providence, Rhode Island. The first song sounded like some serious Robert Johnson stuff. So I stuck around and listened. Nice melodic songs looking at life through country eyes. This morning for some reason, a couple of lyrics stuck in my head from their song, Country Wine:

“cause I’ve been drinking city whiskey
chased with country wine.

Hmm…sometimes lyrics just resonate. Kind of the story of my life. Kinda.

Anyway, you might want to check them out.

No comments:

Web Analytics