Tuesday, October 9, 2007

More on Blog Action Day

Well, first off, I love the title, as you might tell from the name of this blog.

And if I can do anything to leverage the "power" of this blog to advance environmental issues, I will. Not that I'm sure what gazillions of bloggers around the world will be able to do for a day. Nor am I sure what I'll post on that day. I'm just mulling over ideas, now, but we'll see.

I tend to vote green, and read writers who have a strong interest in the environment and nature. Right now, as regular visitors to this site know, I'm reading The Monkey Wrench Gang by Edward Abbey. Another favorite book of his is Desert Solitude. His take on the industrialized world and what it has done to the natural world, particularly that most beautiful part of the world I just visited, southern Utah, should be hot-wired into every young person today and rammed up the collective asses of every politician, developer, and banker.

Redmond O'Hanlon is another all-time favorite. He's the only person I know who can make the story of one of his best friends going slowly mad in the South American rain forest funny.

No comments:

Web Analytics