Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Death, love, and the darkness

Well, those songs are a pretty good indication of things in general, and you can run, laugh, or shake your head but to my way of thinking it's all pretty good. Laughing at death, falling in love with a pretty girl, scared for what lies in the dark corners of my mind, that pretty much sums up what I do just about every day. And God love those two Johns: John Prine and John Fogerty. They can nail it every time. Prine just has that twisted sense of life. Fogerty is easily one of the most underrated songwriters in America. I've been loving his stuff since high school when I would only admit to my closest friends that I loved Creedence Clearwater Revival, and I know they never understood and just figured it was just one of my quirks. I remember Faye Boymell, the love my ninth-grade heart, just screwing her face up and then shrugging. When you're like that when you're young, I'm sure that lovely little girl grew up to be a lovely woman and made some guy awful happy.

No comments:

Web Analytics