Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Got to Go

Hey Sweet Pea ain’t there somewhere you got to be
Do you really have to sit there on that bar stool bugging the hell out of me?
Can’t you see I want to be alone just playing my guitar
Do you really think that’s too much to ask after I’ve been able to come this far?

Hey Sweet Pea ain’t there somewhere you got to be
Do you really have to rattle around in my head bugging the shit out of me?
There are so many places you could go:
There’s California, Texas, or even Mexico

Hey Sweet Pea, I’ll flip you heads or tails
Heads you win, tails I lose
I’ll even pay the bread to put you on a cruise.

Hey bartender, it hit me there’s someplace I gotta be
And it's not sitting here with Sweet Pea bugging the hell out of me
There’s so many place I could go
There’s California, Texas, and even Mexico
Hey bartender, you know it’s time for me to go.

Hey bartender I think I’ll be settling up my tab
Why don’t you keep a little extra for yourself things ain’t that bad.
And when I walk out that door I won’t be coming here no more
It’s not that I don’t like your place, it’s just I’ve just got other place I could go

There’s California and Texas I could even go to Mexico
I’ve got a little redhead waiting for me
Yeah she’s a nice little handful and pretty as can be
No, I can’t stay I’ve got so many places to go.
Yeah I’ve got so many places to go.


No comments:

Web Analytics