Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Enjoying the little things

As much as I hate the winter, the mornings are beautiful. The ice is dangerous just to walk around on, and it's a hassle to have to go out earlier than you'd normally have to to heat up the truck and de-ice the windshield. And the ice is so destructive; the old truck just creaks from water and moisture that's deep inside cracks and in the body.

But this morning the rising sun glowed reddish-pink on the ground and in the trees. The air was sharp.

Over the years, with a dwindling bank account and other things in my life running out, I've learned to enjoy any little thing that comes along. I'll actually live my life sometimes minute by minute, stopping to enjoy any good that comes along and dealing or just suffering through any bad. I don't want to look too far ahead. There are things in my life right now that need attention, and if I don't do what I have to do there may not be any good reason to get out of bed in the future. So I just deal with today and maybe tonight. And try to enjoy every little free gift the Creator sends my way.

No comments:

Web Analytics