Friday, January 4, 2008

Crazy weather...even crazier computer

When I woke up this morning it was 7 degrees. I knew it was darn cold because I had the heat turned as far down as it would go and it still was coming on in the nght.

When I got to work this morning, after my usual 2-hour slog of truck to train to subway, I don't know what the temperature was, but it wasn't what my computer said it was.

I have a little application that at a touch of a button will tell me, among other things, the temperature. Yesterday when I was leaving work people were complaining about the temperature, and at the time I said, what's the big deal, it's 26 degrees?

No, it isn't, I was told, again it was 7 degrees.

Right now this is what the widget says:



And this is what it says at weather.com:


Forty-eight degrees vs. feels like 20. Hmmm...

Somehow my computer got reset for some other Boston. Boston, Virginia, maybe, since the clock reads EST.

Just shows you can't believe a thing you read. And if you can't trust your own computer...well, just who can you trust, I ask you.

No comments:

Web Analytics