Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A life's work

Okay, maybe you've had your fill of No Country for Old Men. This is the last quote I'll blog from the book.

"I tried to put things in perspective but sometimes you're just too close to it. It's a life's work to see yourself for what you really are and even then you might be wrong. And that's something I dont want to be wrong about."

Psychotherapy is the best thing we got here in the Western world to help us in self-actualization. I've used it in the past, and it helped. I know I'm not going to reach Nirvana this time around, but I want to be a helluva lot closer to it when I leave this life than when I got here. Like the old sheriff says, it's a life's work, and it's a helluva thing to think that you could spend your entire life doing something and be wrong in the end. But what are you going to do? Just sit in a hole?

No comments:

Web Analytics