Friday, May 18, 2007

Death by bagel

Oh, good grief.

It's Friday and they--the omnipotent "they"--give us free bagels here at work.

I've learned never to turn down free food. So I grabbed one, and then went to make a (free) cup of coffee.

"Bagels are the worst thing for you," sniffed a snotty little writer.

Okay, first of all, did I ask you for your opinion on what I eat? "No," I said, "heroin is." The superior little snot didn't think it was a funny remark, even though it was. She just ignored me and talked with her equally cool companion about clubbing in Boston. Oooh, I was so intimidated by their sophistication that I shrunk in my silence. Sorry to intrude on your space.

Coffee made, I reached for the milk in the fridge, only to find that my healthy little friend had the milk. Not the non-fat milk. The whole milk.

You know, darlin', that's not healthy.

No comments:

Web Analytics