Monday, May 21, 2007

Wedding Bells

Sue and I went to a wedding this past Saturday. One of her co-workers. Pretty couple. He's a cop. Looked like a Marine, on a poster. She the pretty bride. You could have put them on top of a wedding cake.

Their friends were all happy. Dancing. All the bridesmaids came out on the dance floor and danced. Then the guys. Sue said the guys looked like they were all in a scrum playing rugby.

The bride has her whole life planned out. She wants to be pregnant by July. They already have a house. When I first met her a couple of months back she was talking earnestly about the kitchen cabinets.

And I could only smile. Such babes in the woods. Will they still be together in twenty years? Will they all still be friends? (I speak from experience when I say, I doubt it to both questions.)

But we're all so hopeful. We say, good luck.

At least the food was good.

No comments:

Web Analytics