Thursday, May 24, 2007

Four glorious days off

The Memorial Day weekend is coming up, and we have four flex days we can use over the summer, one of which I'm taking tomorrow. That means I'm looking at a four-day weekend. Four glorious days off, two of which I'll get paid for. This is something I haven't been able to do for five years. When I was self-employed, I was too busy working to take time off, and if I did, I didn't get paid for it.

I'm heading down to Sue's tonight to wake up on the Cape tomorrow morning, and the weather's supposed to be sunny, in the '90s all weekend. I'm taking my beater down, and we're just going to hang out and have fun. Maybe take a day trip to Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket (somewhere I've never been.) We're throwing in a Bob Day, a day just for Bob to have fun and run around on the beach and swim.

Sometimes the mainstream isn't that bad. I said, sometimes.

No comments:

Web Analytics