Thursday, April 26, 2007

Bomb scare

Yesterday I got an IM from Al telling me there was a bomb scare at her school. Classes were cancelled, and buildings were closed.

Most people I told just shrugged it off; it's probably a hoax, most said or thought. The thought crossed my mind, but when you're a parent you don't think like that. Well, maybe some parents do; I don't.

But it is our world, isn't it? More crazies are out there, and the chance that someone we love more than life itself could die from some nutcase...am I overreacting? I think ten years ago I might have been, but the world is continually changing, and I don't think people get it...I don't think most Americans get it, and certainly not the somnolent ones in the suburbs.

Bomb-sniffing dogs didn't find anything, and classes resumed.

I'm hating the world more and more. I just don't like what I see.

No comments:

Web Analytics