Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Borders Bookstore clerk is a s**t

Not that I should have been spending the money, but I went to Borders, always a dangerous place for me because there is so much there I want to buy...so many CDs, books, and magazines.

Went upstairs to the music section (I can hear Richard Pryor's great routine on the crack pipe calling him.) Walked up to the sales table. Figured I'll just finger those couple of CDs I was looking at last week. But...

...what the...?

Songs for lovers? Songs for your baby? Songs for the hopelessly romantic? Songs for when you're alone. What is this s**t? I'm not making up these titles.

I asked a clerk, "There were CDs on that table last week..."

"Oh," he said, "we change that monthly. That was last month. Those are back on the shelves."

"Oh," I said, turning.

"And they're full-price now." Did I notice a bit of a gleeful smile (smirk?) on his squirrelly little face?

I'm into people who share things. Who are interested in making the world a better place. The clerk is a...clerk. I'm sure he thinks he's working beneath his station in life, but I don't think so. It's just that opening for the person who licks the penguin crap off the rocks at the aquarium was filled.

No comments:

Web Analytics