Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee

Life is good. They fixed the coffee maker here at work.

It's pathetic, isn't it, when something like that makes your day? Gotta get a life.

I noticed a label on the coffeemaker. "Van Houtte. A taste of Europe in your cup."

No it isn't. What's a taste of Europe? It's coffee, and not very good coffee to boot. I'm supposed to think I'm in effing France instead of jammed into a cube in an office building (veal fattening pens, Sue calls them) my brains leaking out of my ears from writing insipid copy on...well, self-survival tells me not to name the client.

I'm a copywriter, and you gotta remember that some idiot just like me wrote that moronic line.

I'd prefer more of a line like, liquid artificial stimulate to chemically energize you to get your brain working in a way it doesn't want to work.

Well, it needs work. Needs to be shortened up a bit to fit on the coffeemaker, but that's the gist of it.

No comments:

Web Analytics