Friday, April 27, 2007

The magnolia tree

A couple of days ago I mentioned to Sue that the magnolia tree in the courtyard outside my window will soon be in full bloom, and the air will be intoxicating.

Today, on such a crummy day (45 degrees and dumping rain and my feet will be soaking wet and my pants damp for the duration of the day) the stunning purples and whites were screaming against the gloom. A peacock among pigeons.

In past years I would sit at my desk at home and see that tree outside my window, and no matter how bad the day was going, I would suddenly have hope. I've learned to enjoy the free things in life. I don't have a lot of money, and I have expensive tastes. Funny how that happens in life, because I know so many people with money who are so damned cheap. But I've learned to enjoy and appreciate the things that are just there for the taking.

No comments:

Web Analytics