Monday, April 23, 2007

The Low Anthem at Tommy Doyle's Friday night

Never saw them.

Well,that's not quite it...we saw them, we just never heard them.

They were supposed to play at 9:30 after another band and Michelle Lewis. At 9:30, equipment was still getting put up on the stage, the Red Sox/Yankees were still on television, and I had a train to catch in an hour.

The place was loud and the crowd was made up primarily of young tweakers. I don't even know why places like that even have music.

If I only had a dollar
For every song I've sung
And every time I've had to play
While people sat there drunk
You know I'd catch the next train
Back to where I live
Oh, Lord, stuck in Lodi again


Took the Red Line to South Station, and down in the Harvard T station suddenly the real world opened up...there was a singer busking, a guy selling jewelry on a blanket, and people of all shades and colors who didn't look like they were raised on Wonder Bread.

No comments:

Web Analytics