Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Today I'm just pissed off...

...and sometimes that's a really good thing.

Imus was suspended for racist remarks. Good. And I like Imus in the Morning. But sometimes I just turn it off because sometimes I think we've have gone way off the mark about what is good and decent and acceptable just in the name of the ratings game.

"Making what you wear work." Corporate training experts telling me what to wear to work. Get this: I'm an effing writer. Today I'm wearing a plaid shirt that Sue affectionately calls my Opie Taylor shirt, a la Mayberry R.F.D. that she looks so good in on a Saturday morning, a pair of jeans that haven't seen the inside of a washing machine in a couple of weeks, and my oldest pair of comfortable cowboy boots. This isn't a career folks. I'm paying the bills here.

Cape doctor pleading the battered woman defense. She allegedly shot and killed her husband. Sorry, if it's true, it doesn't make her any better than him.

What seems like miles and miles of t-shirts in South Station decorated by women who were raped. It's heartbreaking to read the messages on those shirts. That someone could destroy someone's life the way theirs were. (I have a particular disdain for people who ruin other people's lives and get away with it. It's the Libra's sense of justice that does it.) And one shirt noted that 1 in 7 boys are sexually abused. I bet it's more than that. One of my best friends has a nasty scar on his lip where the rifle slipped when he tried to end the pain. Don't effing tell me it doesn't happen to boys, too. You just don't hear it as much.

No comments:

Web Analytics