Monday, April 2, 2007

Boston Red Sox opening day

I guess I should make some mention that major league baseball season starts today. Baseball is ingrained in me as much as Catholicism. It was such a big part of my life. I grew up in Cincinnati during the days of the Big Red Machine with Pete Rose, Johnny Bench, and Tony Perez, with the three "Bs": beer, baseball, and brats.

But last year, I didn't go to a single baseball game. I just can't afford the price of a ticket, though maybe that's not quite true. Just today I spent $60 on a concert ticket. Over the years I've just gotten ot the point where I think the players are just a bunch of overpayed babies.

Hopefully this year I'll be under the stars with maybe a bucket of chicken watching the Cape Cod League.

Now that's baseball the way it's meant to be watched. A warm summer night, sitting on a blanket on the grass on a hillside with your sweetheart, maybe your kids. They pass the hat instead of charging for tickets.

No comments:

Web Analytics