Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Enter stage left: A year later

Exactly one year ago yesterday was the last time I was on stage. I did a little bit of work in the summer, and went on one or two auditions, more because I didn't have anything else to do that day, but I pretty much wanted to rethink acting. I wasn't even sure if I ever wanted to do it again; wasn't sure I was good enough.

Tonight I have my first real audition for work that I wouldn't mind doing. Given the date, this, gentle reader, is called irony.

There are parts of me that are patched up. Some that will never, I'm afraid, be fixed again. Broken forever. Some are just plain missing. Gone. But Saturday I was on stage in class, and I cut loose, and it felt so good. I can still act, it seems. I actually feel more comfortable on stage than I do in real life.

No comments:

Web Analytics