Friday, March 23, 2007

Gay marriage

South Carolina officially banned gay marriages yesterday. New Hampshire endorsed the creation of same-sex unions. They're legal here in Massachusetts.

I know gay couples who've stayed together longer than my ex and I did, who have tight, solid relationships. But because I'm straight and they're not, I get the benefit of this Christian world?

I, quite frankly, think it's great if anyone can find happiness in this world in any way. If two people love each other, or more importantly, can actually live the day-to-day together, and not hurt anyone else in the process, then I say God love them.

Plus, let's not forget the legal ramifications of marriage. When one spouse dies, if there's not a legal "bond" between them, the state stands to gain quite a bit. Just one more freakin' way lawyers have ruined this world. One more way government has reached way too far into our lives.

No comments:

Web Analytics