Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Guardian angels

One of the hardest things for me when my ex-wife and I split up was not seeing my kids on a daily basis. I went from seeing them constantly to seeing them only a couple of times per week. My kids and I are very close. Very physical. When we sit on a couch and watch TV we’re all over each other like hamsters. We touch and kiss each other a lot. We say I love you a lot.

The one thing I missed so much was kissing them on the head right before I went to bed, and checking in on them first thing when I woke up.

I’m kind of a night owl. That’s actually an understatement; I’m a life-long insomniac. I go to sleep by staying up so late that I’m just exhausted. I used to do other things, but those days, hopefully, are over.

Last night I was in bed reading a script and I could hear Kathryn in her room. I got up and she was asleep. Dreaming, I suppose. I like being there when she’s asleep, just in case.

No comments:

Web Analytics