Thursday, March 22, 2007

MBTA doh!!

Sometimes you think life is going your way then...doh!

Got to the platform with just enough time to spare even though I got stuck behind some boho driving a Pontiac like it was a wheelchair.

The train pulled into the station and the door to the car stopped right in front of me, like the ball dropping in the winning slot on the Roulette wheel. No getting pushed and shoved today by my fellow commuters. For God's sakes, peeps, I want to say, it's an effing train. First, it ain't going anywhere without you, and there are enough seats for everyone.

Then I got the aisle in a seat with just one other person. Sweet.

Sat down, got comfortable, started reading the free Metro, which is akin to the news as popcorn, then, from the seat across and a little behind...

...snore. Snore. Snore. Grumble, grumble. Snore.

You got to be kidding me. There sat a man, his arms folded and his head buried deep in his chest, sound asleep and sounding like a buzz saw. I mean, you can hear this over the sound of a train.

I resisted the temptation to roll up my newspaper and bat him with it.

No comments:

Web Analytics