Friday, May 2, 2008

Ignoring the elephant in the middle of the room


Einstein was so right...

The logical world that Aristotle and Plato and all of those high falutin' Greeks saw just never existed, but it worked for about five thousand years. At least, I think that's how it goes.

They saw the world as logical and linear and three-dimensional. It's not. Like Einstein proposed, it's random and non-linear and multidimensional.

I'm just trying to wrap my mind around Einstein's theories. It's not that hard. Seriously, it isn't. You don't have to be an Einstein to understand them. You just had to be an Einstein to think of them.

But more and more, when I deal with people, and people say someone isn't being logical, I want to say, well, duh. People, I have found, aren't logical at all. They will do the most amazing things that defy logic. That's because they're being human, not logical.

Example, a person will say one thing and do another. They will hide behind emotional walls and completely ignore a problem, making it worse and harming themselves even more. That's not logical. The logical person says, face your fears, and conquer them. The human person says, I think I'll just ignore the elephant standing here in the middle of the room.

And, it is, by the way, all very funny. Yes, it is.

No comments:

Web Analytics