Tuesday, May 6, 2008

CramerSweeney Smart Marketing IQ Test

It's sick how much marketing and advertising is a part of our lives and American culture. But when you're inundated with as much messaging as we are, it's bound to stick.

CramerSweeney, a New Jersey-based marketing firm, as a cute little game on its Website to test your marketing IQ.

I was actually kind of glad to only get 80%. Only. The first time I got one wrong (it was one of the audio brands) there was this little jolt in me, kind of this negative thing that I thought I wasn't quite measuring up. That maybe I wasn't qualified to do my job here at digital central. (Funny, how I took on the blame for not knowing, and not the corporate organization and it's marketing efforts for not reaching me.)

Our culture has such an impact on us, on our self-esteem, that we have to be so careful.

We have to keep reminding ourselves that it doesn't matter at all if we don't know the theme song to some corporate entity. It's the slippery slope.

No comments:

Web Analytics