Thursday, May 8, 2008

Jake and Amir: Date (part II)

Actually, it should be titled, The Breakup.

I love these two guys. The comedy is built upon the idiotic relationship they have (a la I Love Lucy) that lets you believe the crazy situations they come up with.

And poor Amir. A gorgeous girl wants to break up with him, but typically is too chickenshit to tell him so dumps the problem in Jake's lap. Anyone who has ever been dumped can emphasize with Amir, you feel ridiculous, as if you really are dressed in a penguin suit (there is something so ironic about me and penguins, too...something that makes me laugh so hard now, and just smile) and you think she's "the one", when only later you find out the better idea is, "yeah, she's one all right..." and in the end it's your real friends who are there...

And thanks to Sweet Lou, which is where I was turned on to these two in the first place....


Date Part II from Amir on Vimeo.

No comments:

Web Analytics