Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Today's Libra...and tomorrow's and the next day's


There is a need for change, a desire to break with outmoded patterns from the past. You have had so much on your mind lately that you have forgotten what is important to you. Redefine your priorities and devote more time to family affairs. If others don't want to be directly involved in what you're doing then leave them behind.

Isn't this a pretty accurate assessment and good advice for just about every day of your life? It seems I've lived my entire life trying to please someone else, twisting myself into a pretzel to accommodate someone else or keep people in my life for the simple reason that I just didn't want to be alone. And now, most of the time I just don't give a damn. Nothing left to fight for. Nothing more to argue about. If that sounds defeatist, well, at least it takes an enormous burden off my shoulders. And if it sounds selfish, well it probably is. My only defense is for the first half of my life I wasn't selfish, and now it's my turn.

Ah, many times life can be reduce to its basics. I've learned that an entire lifetime can fit into one or two garbage bags, and that sometimes the fundamentals of life can be pared down to just one or two. We make life way too complicated. Most of it is just noise.

No comments:

Web Analytics