Thursday, February 7, 2008

The creative process

And sometimes the best thing to do is walk away and trust, trust the creative notion, the creative spirit, trust your subconscious and trust whatever it is that God gave will continue to keep working, because it will work, it will continue to work even though the body has removed itself from the work. And that's a part of the creative process I've learned to envy. I wish I could feel it all the time, but sometimes it says to me, okay, take a walk, get away from me for awhile and let me think and stew on this particluar problem. You're useless here, you fat, earth-bound slab of meat. Let me soar into the night sky, into the ether, and I promise I'll come back and help you. Trust me. You just have to let me do my thing.

And that's what I've learned to do.

No comments:

Web Analytics