Friday, February 8, 2008

Rough around the edges...and liking it

I'm looking and feeling a little rough around the edges, and I kinda like it that way.

I'm in dire need of a haircut, at least by society's standards, but first I just moved and don't know a barber who I can trust with my head, someone who doesn't just pull out the electric clippers and actually knows how to cut hair; and second, I like long hair to begin with. Every guy in the world now is looking like some damn young Republican or a Marine, with a shaved sides and short on the top. I hate looking like something out of a cookie cutter.

And I hate to shave. Hate it. And if Sue's chin isn't in too much danger of getting sandpapered off, I don't shave. So for the second morning in a row now I just said to hell with it. I know I'm looking a little scary, but there's nothing wrong with looking like you woke up in a truck stop. It tends to keep away a certain element, the boring element, frankly the element that looks like a young Republican or a Marine.

No comments:

Web Analytics