Thursday, February 28, 2008

Solar-powered, and proud of it

I was sitting in meeting just awhile ago, just before five, feeling pretty good, and while it may have been the Heineken I was drinking (the great thing about working in an agency is they're not all uptight about alcohol) but I think it was suddenly I realized it was late in the afternoon and the sun was still shining.

I am so solar-powered. I don't know for the life of me what I'm doing living in this neck of the woods except that both my kids live in New England.

So, we're riding our little space ship, it just whizzing along at 12,000 miles per second (you'd think our hair would get blown back, wouldn't you?), and while we're hitching a ride on it the way Lu the parakeet hitches a ride on Bob, the wonder Aussie, it's just going along in its groove, which is what Einstein figured out gravity was anyway, not caring one way or another about Iraq or Clinton or Obama or nothing.

And that's why you gotta love science and physics so much. They just don't care.

No comments:

Web Analytics