Monday, February 18, 2008

Former President Bush endorses McCain

"No one is better prepared to lead our nation at these trying times than Sen. John McCain," Bush said.

Well, who got us into these trying times in the first place but his son?

I've never understood endorsements. I couldn't care less which famous person or politico thinks should be president or senator or even dog catcher, for that matter. I couldn't care less which bar of soap some movie star thinks I should clean my ass with, or which truck or car I should drive. I can make up my own mind, thank you very much.

Can people really be led by the nose like that? Are they really sheep? Or is it that famous/powerful people are that egotistical that they believe they really do hold sway over people?

I think the answer is, sadly, yes, there is a significant part of the population that couldn't walk out the door in the morning without Oprah telling them what book to read, or who to vote for for president.

I think about 90% of the population is just waiting for the other 10% to tell them what to do. They're that dumb, lazy, or insecure.

Sad, but I think it's true.

No comments:

Web Analytics